It is no secret that there are huge debates on women’s rights and inequality still going on in our world.
However, despite all the fields that still need improvement, we can be highly glad to have so many opportunities – not only as women but as humans in general.
We are living in an age where it is easier than ever before to start your own business, build a huge following, simply to make your dreams come true.
And while it might be true that there are fewer females in higher positions and fewer female entrepreneurs, if you really have the desire to reach high goals and be successful – you can.
And here are even some of the advantages that we can use to succeed as Girlbosses:
– If you really kick ass and deliver results you will be recognized even faster. As there are fewer females if you really give your best and outperform your male colleagues or competitors, it will be even more remarkable!
– Women in powerful positions are often explicitly searched as it is desired to have more females in higher positions, at least this is the case in many western countries. There are always articles stating how the number of females in leadership positions is way too little – your chance to kick in!
– We outperform in soft skills. Being able to cope with people, to build powerful relationships, empower people and build connections within different interest groups – in short: the basic skill of communication and interpersonal interaction is one of the most powerful skills of the 21st century. And women tend to excel at these abilities. We are more emotional and take care of the relationships in business, which are becoming increasingly more important.
– If you are a female founder you might even have the chance to get special funds and grants because you are a female founder as there are many programs who want to empower women doing business.
– We can strongly rise by lifting each other up. Women can really highly empower other women. May it be emotionally or in regard to skills or connections. Unfortunately, there are many women who are simply egoistic and tend to envy others instead of supporting but once you find your girl tribe you can highly benefit from it. No matter in which field you are active or what your goals are, partnering up will always help, so try to find a community of inspiring, uplifting women with whom you can regularly get into touch and exchange ideas. This might sound hard but even an online community can be a huge benefit.
To sum up: These are five good reasons on why you should keep going and never let anyone discourage you as a kick-ass Girlboss.
So – what are you waiting for? Put your hair in a bun, grab a strong cup of coffee and let the magic happen!
Sinem is a 21 year old digital entrepreneur, blogger and online instructor. She did her bachelors studies in business administration at the Vienna University of Business and Economics and is now supporting young people to reach their full potential. Through hands-on workshops and digital content she is delivering all kinds of information on personal development and becoming the best version of yourself.